Motorcycles must be in a roadworthy / trackworthy condition. Slick or racing tyres are allowed provided track conditions are suitable.
The following will be items scrutinized prior to any motorcycle being granted access to the racetrack.
- All treaded tyres must be worn no more 2mm above the minimum tread-depth indicators at the beginning of the day (if subsequent inspection during the day shows the tyre to be on or below the tread-depth indicator, access to the track may be denied).
- Slick tyres can be used on dry a track only. Access may be denied if the track is deemed unsuitable for slick tyres.
- Brake pads must be deemed to have suitable material to complete a day at the racetrack.
- Brake disc rotors must be minimum thickness as recommend by the manufacturer (this measurement is stamped on the side of the disc rotor).
- Brake lines must be secured correctly and must not leak or weep fluid.
- Front & rear brakes must operate correctly upon testing.
- Fork seals must not show any signs of leaking or weeping fluid.
- There must be no evidence of oil leaks or weeps of any kind.
- Fairings must be secured correctly (no duct tape allowed!)
- Any damage to fairings must not have sharp or jagged edges, or in any way be deemed a potential threat to any rider.
- Footpegs and mounting brackets must be secured and aligned correctly.
- Exhausts must be secured at all provided mounting points.
- Levers or pedals that are bent and deemed difficult to operate must be repaired or replaced.
- Throttles must snap back to the off position when released.
- There must be no evidence of fuel leaks of any kind.
- Handlebars must be secured and show no evidence of being able to move or be bent from the original shape the manufacturer intended
If you have any questions relating to the above items or indeed any other queries in relation to a motorcycles suitability at a California Superbike School, please contact email email@example.com
Rules and Regulations for Riding Gear, Click here